Lots of us dream of an incredible vacation destination. You may be a keen traveler and love to explore different countries. But there is one country that is relatively new to outside interest. Tanzania has an amazing history but has recently become one of the most popular tourist destinations in Africa. And one small part of Tanzania that is attracting a lot of interest is Zanzibar. Here are 5 reasons why you need to make Zanzibar your destination of choice this year:
- The islands of Zanzibar produce the most incredible spices. This means that the cuisine of the region is rich in flavor and full of the freshest tastes you can get. In fact, Pemba Island was once the world’s leading clove producer. The markets in the towns and cities are known for their high fragrance, and they are certainly worth a visit.
- Zanzibar has its own international airport serving several airlines. This means it is easier than ever to reach this beautiful destination. Of course, the best way to reach the islands is by boat. The waters are warm and blue, and the coastline is made up of white sandy beaches. These are the main reason so many tourists come to stay in Zanzibar.
- It has become so popular with tourists that there are now several notable Zanzibar resorts to enjoy as part of your stay. Many offer you access to tours that include the mainland Tanzania and the other islands of the archipelago. This means you can enjoy everything this beautiful region has to offer. The accommodation could provide you with everything you’re looking for in a vacation of a lifetime.
- The wildlife on Zanzibar is quite extraordinary and well worth finding out more about. There are tales of sightings of the Zanzibar leopard. Sadly it seems this beautiful cat has become extinct. But you may have a chance to spot the red colobus monkey that is native to the region. There is also a servaline genet that may delight visitors who capture a glimpse.
- When most of us think of Africa, we think of Safaris and wildlife watching. But there is also a great deal of marine life to see too. The Mnarani Marine Turtles Conservation Pond is quite a small site but one worth investing your time in. After all, how often do you get to enjoy making a difference to the conservation of a species? You can feed them or even swim with them if you like. It can be a beautiful experience that will provide lifelong memories. Or you can make the most of the knowledgeable people there who are more than happy to inform and educate the visitors on a one-on-one basis. You could also add a sea excursion to your to-do list and engage in some dolphin or whale watching too.
Zanzibar can feel like a world away from home. It is small but part of an enormous continent offering so much to the traveler or vacationer. Best of all, it’s warm all year round. When will you visit this extraordinary place?